Saturday, August 8, 2009

Are outside forces influencing my internal dialog?

I like to think I am more influenced by hormones and deep thought, but how possible is it really that I am but a product of 34 years of market researched advertisements and poll-driven politics?

Am I a philosopher and a poet or merely a member of the mob? An individualized manifestation of the masses?

It doesn't matter that I don't fit the mold, because the mold can be modified to fit me. I wonder if it's too late. If I threw away my tv and computer and moved to a cabin in the woods ala Thoreau can I escape the influence the modern world has had on me or I on it? If I decided to run for president on a platform of honesty and putting what's best for US first would I make it past Katie Couric? I assume not.

No comments:

Post a Comment